Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pros and cons of the music thechnology development


The music technology has been developed. We listened to music from LP record twenty years ago. However, now we can hear music by CD which has better sound quality than LP record. I think that there are merits and demerits in the music technology development.
In Korea, a bundle of Alfred Brendel’s 35 CDs is about 200 dollars and each one price is about 5 dollars. Moreover, a bundle of Herbert von Karajan’s 38 symphonies CD is 90 dollars which is for 2 dollars per one CD. As everyone knows, artists study music and spare no effort more than one year for recording one CD. On the contrary, I can download music in 10 seconds on internet that artists recoded and can get CD for five dollars through technology development. Also I can hear and see live performance from DVD or youtube. As a result, Audiences do not come to concert hall frequently compared to past time and the value of live performance is lowered. Now I who am a student like this circumstance since I can get music CD cheap or download music in 10 seconds. However, considering the future, this is not just the desirable situation. I will become an artist who records CD and has live performance in many countries. If someone downloads my music free and easily for 10 seconds on the internet which has my effort and time my heart will feel vain. I can make excellent sound quality CD compared to former time through the music technology development, though. I believe that there are pros and cons of the music technology development.

No comments:

Post a Comment